I did this cake for my grandma, who asked me if I could do an elephant cake after I posted my very first post. To do the elephant shape, I just found a picture of an elephant at and cut it out and used it as a template on a 9×13 cake. You will need to make the image larger depending on the size of cake you make. Cutting cakes into shapes is surprisingly easy if you follow the steps below.
Here are the steps:
- 1. Print out your template and cut it out.
- 2. Bake your cake and remove it from the pan to a baking sheet.
- 3. Put your (already cooled) cake in the freezer for 30-60 minutes (this makes it easier to cut).
- 4. Place the template on top of your cake and cut around the edges.
- 5. Frost the cake with your desired frosting.